[squid-users] pam_smb authentication

From: Matt Brander <matt.brander@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:30:30 +0000

Hello.....

The scenario:

Mandrake 7.2
Squid2.4
pam_smb_auth 1.1.6?
NT4 PDC

I am attempting to restrict access to my squid proxy using NT domain logins.

The current situation:

I currently have pam_smb authentication working against my NT PDC, but only from the CLI whilst logged in as root.
If I setup squid to use the pam_auth executable for authentication, it prompts for an NT domain user and password as expected but even a correct login fails. Squid obviously then denies access.

Do you have any suggestions on why this is not working? Or perhaps where I can look to find out more about the point at which it is failing?

I thought it may be a permissions problem but I chmod 777 on all the pam_auth files (/etc/pam_smb.conf, /usr/sbin/pam_auth, /lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so) and it made no difference.

Any light you can shed on the problem would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Matt Brander