Re: [squid-users] Transproxy & FW-1

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:23:08 +0100

On Monday 18 February 2002 19.50, Bizou wrote:

> I'm wondering this cos i'll have a demo to make in a few days with
> squid in transproxy mode and FW-1 , but when i read FW-1 doc, it's
> written : "nat occurs after packets are routed". So this would mean
> that if my squid proxy is not on the external NIC, it won't
> work.....

Further, you shouln't really be doing transparent proxying with
stand-alone NAT. The proxy needs to be aware of the original
destination address in some cases, or you will break HTTP/1.0 user
agents not sending Host headers in their request (quite commonly seen
in antivirus upgrade agents and similar things).

available on request