Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy setup

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:58:13 +0100

> You can't. In case of an error someone needs to generate an error. As
> you have already abruptly stolen the TCP connections without any
> notice the normal error reporting by the client cannot be used.

actually you could just close the tcp connection without any notice,
most
clients (IE with their unbelievebly uninformative error messages)
wouldn't
make any difference... :)

 ??

 I think it would be a bad idea to let standards evolve
 on bad existing software.
 Perhaps you should look at the Millions of Dollars lost
 on 'Internet productivity and functionality' by good old MS :
 take for examle :

     - Outlook Express with the VBS nightmare.
     - IIS with 'dramatic security problems'
     - IE ...

 Let's not encourage them, to keep polluting the Internet.

--
 'Love is truth without any future.
 (M.E. 1997)