Re: [squid-users] How do I configure Squid forward all requests to another proxy with two different ports?

From: Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:01:02 +0100

You need two cache_peer lines, and then to use cache_peer_access to
select the correct one.

For mainstream Squid you will need to assign two different host names
to the IP of your ISP proxy. If the ISP has only assigned one name to
the proxy service, then use the name in one of the cache_peer lines
and the IP in the other, or define your own names in /etc/hosts
(requires Squid-2.5 I think).