[squid-users] Open & abused proxy list(s); appeal for instructions on how to close problems

From: Allen Smith <easmith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:17:22 -0500

Hi. As per the below, there is a blacklist in usage,
proxies.relays.monkeys.com (see
http://www.monkeys.com/anti-spam/filtering/proxies.html), of proxies which
are not properly secured and are thus capable of being used by spammers for
spamming. Mail from said hosts is going to bounce if the recipient is using
this list (or the related one of http.opm.blitzed.org/opm.blitzed.org - see
http://www.blitzed.org/opm/).

In the below is also an appeal for instructions on each proxy for how to
make sure they are not abusable, so that proxies can be configured properly
in the first place (or changed to be non-abusable in the future if they have
been abused). Anyone on this list who can give such instructions for Squid
is asked to do so; I believe of particular assistance would be translations
into other languages (abuse of proxies in China and South Korea is getting
particularly notorious).

        -Allen

--- Forwarded mail from "Ronald F. Guilmette" <spam-l@MONKEYS.COM>