[squid-users] R: [squid-users] Can the Squid Auto Refresh be scheduled out of hours?

From: Roberto Inzerillo <robicd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:16:10 +0100

You can use "wget" at specified times (let's say nights) in order to let a
client (or the host which runs squid itself) download some specified web
sites (the ones you prefer having already cached the day after) and force
squid to refresh these ones.
But you have to know first which sites you will be visiting.

I will use this way of acting in order to speedup a slow adsl connection
shared between many hosts which in the day are used to browse almost the
same sites, and just a restricetd group anyway, filtered with some ACLs.
I.e. it easy to force Squid caching them in the night simulating the way
humans will browse them daily.

   bye,
          Roberto