Re: AW: [squid-users] Log Rotation doesn't work

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:24:12 -0600

The Red Hat (and probably all other Red Hat derived OS variants) RPM is
patched to set log_rotate to 0, and instead uses the logrotate tool to
handle rotations. This is a fine thing...but if you insist on handling
rotations yourself, that's fine too. (When Squid has log_rotate set to
zero, it simply reopens the file, which is how logrotate causes Squid to
start a new log after the rotation.)

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com