Re: [squid-users] startup problems following a crash

From: Robin Stevens <robin.stevens@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:51:40 +0000

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 10:21:03PM +0100, Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom) wrote:
> If "reserved filedescriptors" is anything else than the normal "100"
> then Squid has at some point failed to allocate filedescriptors or
> sockets from the OS, and then automatically adjusted the amount of
> available filedescriptor to match what seems to be available from
> your OS.

Yes - further investigation suggests that there's something up in the
kernel (which I suspect caused the crash in the first place, so I won't
bother with the bug report). It's probably time to upgrade to 2.4.17 - I'd
been sticking on 2.4.7 while things settled down, as until now it had
seemed pretty stable.

--
--------------- Robin Stevens  <robin.stevens@oucs.ox.ac.uk> -----------------
Oxford University Computing Services ----------- Web: http://www.cynic.org.uk/