Re: [squid-users] NATting Squid?

From: Mohsin Khan <>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:59:46 -0800 (PST)

     Well this thing has been practiced by one of my
network enginer, in our office local lan behind a
NATed box and it works just fine, as far as squid is
not being used as accelerator, but i do not think that
it will give any problem in later case, if wisely

--- "Squid Support (Henrik Nordstrom)"
<> wrote:
> On Thursday 21 February 2002 11:36, Simon White
> wrote:
> > Can anyone confirm that they are successfully
> running a Squid proxy
> > on a fake IP which is natted by a firewall at the
> next hop? Does
> > this break Squid?
> Works fine. Squid does not care. It is just an TCP
> application.
> Your NAT firewall must support support NAT of FTP
> sessions if you
> want to be able to reach all FTP servers via Squid,
> but most will
> work even if the NAT firewall does not support FTP
> translation as
> Squid defaults to passive mode data transfer for
> FTP.
> --
> MARA Systems AB, Giving you basic free Squid support
> Customized solutions, packaged solutions and
> priority support
> available on request

Mohsin Khan

>>>Happy is the who can smile<<<