Re: [squid-users] Squid and limwire

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 07:09:31 -0600

LimeWire (as all Gnutella clients) does not usually use HTTP on port 80
for it's requests. You're likely blocking it with your firewall, and
Squid never should see the requests at all. LimeWire probably can be
configured to use an http proxy, but I'm not familiar enough with it to
know how well it works.

There is a GNUTELLA method that I've seen showing up occasionally in my
clients logs, which I presume to be Gnutella web requests (it is
possible to fetch objects using the Gnutella protocol entirely from a
web browser). Add GNUTELLA to your extension_methods if this is the
problem (but it probably is not).

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com