Re: [squid-users] Squid cache size

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:46:24 -0600

Colin Campbell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, SRILAKSHMANAN,LAKSHMAN (HP-Australia,ex3) wrote:
>

>>Yes my maximum_object_size is 10240Kb
>>
>>The URL : http://leopard.aus.hp.com/wwdrivers/soar.tar
>>

> Maybe the server is marking it as uncacheable. The URL looks like an
> internal HP machine. I cannot get to it and the cacheability engine at
> http://www.ircache.net/cgi-bin/cacheability.py cannot get to it either so
> I can only assume the reason.

I have a client (also at HP) that has the same problem with
cougar.aus.hp.com (I guess on the same private network--I don't have any
real knowledge of the HP-Aus network layout, I'm just going by the cat
naming scheme, but it seems reasonable to assume).

I believe you'll need to connect your cache to the production machine on
which objects are published for public consumption. The HP firewall
team doesn't like to open anything on the private network to proxies
that are accessible from the public network (even if the proxy has a
private network interface).

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com