Re: [squid-users] Restarting Squid in web-interface

From: Michael Young <youngmw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 09:13:29 -0500

We use squidGuard for our redirector. We are writing a we interface to
configure that, but we also have a script that restarts squid. Just make the
script owned by nobody.nobody and umask to 777. If you have to login to
the web interface and don't allow other users access to your squid machine,
this should be fairly safe. Also make the web pages available to your
internal network only.

--
Michael Young
System Administration / NC-Programming Dept.