[squid-users] Unable to use ftp protocol

From: Tim Preece <tim@dont-contact.us>
Date: 03 Mar 2002 22:58:10 +0000

Hi,

I am a bit of a newbie to squid, only recently installing it ( version
2.4.7 stable ) about 2 weeks ago, however I have only just managed to
get it working for http today ( not spent a lot of time on it ).

Great it's nice and fast etc. but ftp is not working, I just get timeout
errors:

An error occured reading the contents of the folder. Make sure the file
name is valid and you have permission to access the location specified.

Details:
The operation timed out.

This is to an anonymous website !

I am running FreeBSD 4.5 Stable cvsup'ed 22 Feb. Currently with no
firewall.

Is there something that I need to configure that is not mentioned in the
configuration manual on www.squid-cache.org ?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Tim Preece