[squid-users] Squid 2.4.1-6 from debian mirror strangely drops

From: Markus Lervik <markus.lervik@dont-contact.us>
Date: 04 Mar 2002 10:32:52 +0200

Hello,

We have quite a weird problem with Squid 2.4.1-6 (from an official
debian mirror) on Debian 2.2 testing.

Suddenly, without leaving any traces in any logs, squid just... well,
drops out, and you have to restart it (with /etc/init.d/squid start).
Sometimes it doesn't seem to want to start at all, but after a few
"/etc/init.d/squid start"s it magically starts working again.
This happens about twice, three times/week, sometimes more.

The problems seem to have started at the same time when our ISP
did some changes to their proxy-server, but I can't for the world figure
out what that could possibly have to do with our problem.
Up until that time, Squid was running happily for over six months
without a restart.

I've RTFM, STFW and checked the list archives, but I can't seem to find
anything regarding our problem.

Thanks in advance for any information you might be able to provide.

Cheers,
Markus Lervik

--
Markus Lervik