[squid-users] Multiple proxies on the same box.

From: Preston Wade <pwade@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 18:01:14 -0600

Hello All,

I wanting to have multiple proxies on the same box with varying degrees
of access. What I am wondering is how should I handle the caching
portion. I would think I should use the same cache file for all the
proxies, but I am not sure if this would create some conflicts if
multiple proxies tried to access the cached data at the same time. I am
doing this with multiple config files, because I want the outbound
address to be different, based on which proxy the request came from.
Any help with my config would be appreciated. Also if anyone has
modified the squid rc script to support multiple config/pid files then
help with that would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks,
Preston