Re: [squid-users] Please! Please! Someone Answer, Squid is killing Me

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 11:39:17 +0000 (Greenwich Standard Time)

> squid WILL make outgoing connection to port 8080, unless instructed
> otherwise.
> if i comment out the http_access deny proxy1, i can connect to ... one
> second... found: http://www.nhc.rtp.nc.us:8080 and that I do NOT want,
> since it means I can also connect to an external proxy server and bypass
> all my restrictions.

Sorry I forgot its going to parent proxies. But now I don't understand.
You are going to a parent proxy, but if you do that it means you can
bypass restrictions??? I don't get it.

Do you mean that when you surf, you see that message on your browser? That
may be normal. If you set that parent as your proxy, can you actually use
it??? Or is that just a message being reported to you by SQUID?

What really matters is if you can actually connect to that proxy. The
message in your browser is coming from Squid, not from the other proxy.
Squid CAN connect to that proxy. You probably can't directly connect to it
anyway. Try it.

Simon