Re: [squid-users] Store.log file problem (fwd)

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:13:37 +0000 (Greenwich Standard Time)

Hello Simon

 Thank you for your advice.
 And , I'm awfully sorry , but could I ask you one more thing?

 I'd be delighted that you give me an advice.

 Q. When we reboot squid , are the release action messages in store.log
     always loged ?
     (Are every cache released , when we reboot squid?)

I think that I understand. Do you mean, is the store itself cleared? No.
If you reboot squid, your cache is not emptied. Store.log does not keep a
record of what is in the cache for the use of squid, just for human
debugging. At least, I think.

I have a version of Squid which stored objects without using store.log.
Remember, logs are for administrators, they aren't actually used by the
programs as a reference.

Simon