[squid-users] how to remove X-Forwarded-For: header

From: Phil Howard <phil-squid-users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:51:53 -0600

I have this in my squid.conf file:

anonymize_headers deny via
anonymize_headers deny x_forwarded_for
anonymize_headers deny user-agent
forwarded_for off

I get this message at startup:

parse_http_header: Ignoring unknown header 'x_forwarded_for'

Do I have to hack source code to make it behave as I want? It does
replace the IP address with "unknown". But what I am wanting to do
is entirely hide the fact that it is a proxy as much as possible.

Also, I think it might even me useful to have regular expressions on
the anonymize_headers configuration. New headers might come from a
new client which I might wish to block.

| Phil Howard - KA9WGN |   Dallas   | http://linuxhomepage.com/ |
| phil-nospam@ipal.net | Texas, USA | http://phil.ipal.org/     |