Re: [squid-users] Debian Package for Squid 2.5

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 00:58:47 -0700

Hi,

What a strange mime type :-)

Squid-2.5 hasn't been formally released yet. If you'd like
to test out squid-2.5 feel rfree to install it using the
source and install it in the default directory
/usr/local/squid/ . You can just rm -rf that directory when
you wish to reinstall / install a .deb / whatever.

You don't _need_ to run a debian box with all packages -
in fact I personally admin a handful of debian linux squid
caches where I've installed squid by source for easier
customisation.

Adrian