[squid-users] dnsserver question ?

From: Raphael Berghmans <rberghmans@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 13:19:15 +0100

Hi,

I've configured a proxy server with squid 2.2 stable5.
On this server there is also some iptables rules.
One of them rules Drop every packet that arrive on the INPUT tables, except
for the port 3128 and the prevously established or related connections. But
when the rules are loaded squid doesn't work properly because squid is unable
to launch dnsserver.

But when, I unload the iptables rules, squid works properly.

The reason, of this problem is that when squid try to launch dnsserver he
makes a connexion on the loopback address from the loopback address !

What's the resaon of this connexion (the nameserver is not local !) ?

Thank you,

--
Raphaël
This mail has been checked by exiscan.