AW: [squid-users] automatic authentication to squid proxy using h ttp|ftp|https link

From: Rost, Werner <Werner.Rost@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 15:01:58 +0100

We had a similar problem. Our solution:

acl internet_hug dstdomain .hug.de
acl auth_ihug proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow internet_hug

regards
Werner Rost

ZF Boge GmbH
Werner Rost
IT
Friesdorfer Str. 175
D-53175 Bonn

phone: +49/228/3825 420
cellular: +49/172/2841 599
fax: +49/228/3825 398
werner.rost@zfboge.com

www.boge-vibrationcontrol.com

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Croci Fabrizio [mailto:fabrizio.croci@kone.com]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 6. März 2002 10:16
An: 'squid-users@squid-cache.org'
Betreff: [squid-users] automatic authentication to squid proxy using
http|ftp|https link

Hi,

my name is Fabrizio Croci and I am the italian Web Administrator of a
multinational company.

I'm writing to this email address instead of the squid-users newsgroup,
because our corporate policy doesn't let us to access any newsgroups on the
internet. So I hope you would answer this email.

We are facing some troubles with squid proxy authentication.
For reasons that are hard to explain shortly, we need to give some internal
people access to the internet, only to go to a specific web server.
It means we could not enable their username/password to access the internet
and we could not communicate them which username/password to use for
accessing that web server.

In our idea, the best solution is to provide them a link inside our intranet
portal. In this way, they simply click on the link, pass through the squid
proxy and access the internet server.

Of course, we need to establish a sort of automatic authentication to the
proxy.
We are looking for a programming solution at run-time.

I hope this problem could be interesting for you and above all easy to solve
:-)))

Thanks in advance for any kind of support you could provide us.
Best regards
Fabrizio Croci

Fabrizio Croci
Web Administrator
KONE Ascensori Spa
Via Figino, 41 - 20016 Pero (MI) - ITALY

Phone +39.02.33923.810
Mobile +39.348.90.80.400
Fax +39.02.33923.819
Email fabrizio.croci@kone.com

This Mail has been checked for Viruses
Attention: Encrypted mails can NOT be checked!

**

Diese Mail wurde auf Viren geprueft
Hinweis: Verschluesselte mails koennen NICHT auf Viren geprueft werden!

This Mail has been checked for Viruses
Attention: Encrypted mails can NOT be checked!

**

Diese Mail wurde auf Viren geprueft
Hinweis: Verschluesselte mails koennen NICHT auf Viren geprueft werden!

konelogo.gif