[squid-users] Reverse proxy

From: Silmar <silmar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:56:15 +0100

HeY!

As I read in http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-20.html it's enough to
do three things to have reverse proxy:
1. http_port 80
2. httpd_accel_host internal_host
3. httpd_accel_port port

But it doesn't work :( Probably because of one of our firewalls :(

There is domain, e.g. silmar.domain.com which in dns is resolved with ip
address of our proxy server.
On proxy we added to config file above three lines. And if try to connect to
www.silmar.domain.com 80 using telnet we connect somewhere - probably to our
squid. But if we try do it with browser answer is connection timed out
(error number 110). But if we try to telnet to port 80 on internal server
from our proxy server we get connected.

So the question is which port shouldn't be blocked on firewall between proxy
and internal http server?

Regards
    Silmar