Re: [squid-users] browser configured with automatic script being used

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:35:29 +0100

Van Bossche Koen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Browsers are configured with a automatic script. Now when they access the

 You mean , automatic proxy conf ?

> internet there is a long delay (half a minute) before the auth pops up. When
> I configure it manually, it works immediatly.
> I did some tuning on apache, but delay still exists.
> Did somebody experience the same? Anyone any idea how to resolve this?

 It can happen, I believe, if the automatic proxy conf - script
 is designed badly, so that a condition has to be tested
 which is untrue , and the flow in the proxy script goes on.

 If this "bad test" needs a DNS request for instance, then this
 condition may happen.

 M.

--
 'Love is truth without any future.