[squid-users] NTLM and the dreaded popup

From: Peter Arnold <arnoldpj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 06:41:30 +1000

Does anyone know how to get rid of the popup asking for
username/password/domain when using NTLM?

I've tried to impliment NTLM using 2.5pre3 and it works MOST of the time
however every few minutes or so it keeps poping back.

I've played with the parameters to extend them way beyond reasonable eg
auth_param ntlm children 20
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 500
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 10 minutes

But this seems to make little difference...(do you need to restart squid
as opposed to reload for param changes to take effect?)

Any hints as to where I should look?

Thanks
Peter Arnold