[squid-users] Hotmail login problem

From: <hoatsonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 17:20:46 -0500

I am testing squid 2.4 running in transparent mode on FreeBSD 4.4-release
with a cisco router pointed at it with wccp.

I have a problem mentioned here a few times with hotmail being slow. The
main page, login screen, etc. load quickly. Once you enter your password
the main page or the inbox screen take up to two minutes to draw. If I wait
it out, they always do draw. If I turn of web-cache redirection at the
router the pages come up very quickly. Also, in IE6 if I add
*hotmail*;*services.msn* to the proxy exception box the login works very
quickly.

Here is my pertinent squid.conf info that I thought would fix the problem:
acl msn dstdomain .msn.com
acl pas dstdomain .passport.com
acl hot dstdomain .hotmail.com
no_cache deny QUERY
no_cache deny msn
no_cache deny pas
no_cache deny hot

Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to troubleshoot next.

Thanks,
Robert Hoatson