[squid-users] Customzing user proxy authentication

From: Daniel Lim <Daniel.Lim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:41:59 +1100

Hi there,
I am running Squid version 2.3.Stable4 on RedHat 2.4-2
We have the user proxy authentication woking well using the proxy_auth
and the authenticate_program in the squid.conf file :
acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
authenticate_program /usr/local/bin/mysql_auth

So when users use the browser e.g. Internet Explorer to initiate http
connections to internet a user's authentication dialogue box
from the browser appears asking for username and password.

My question is how can I configure squid to customise the proxy
authentication so I can have:
1, A few lines warning notice is to be displayed to all users for the
terms & conditions of use. As soon as user enter <Accept> button
2, A customzed authentication dialogue window or box (rather than the
default from user browser) appears to ask for
username/password pair. I like to use the existing authenticate_program
mysql_auth as it is.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Daniel Lim
Information Services & Technology
NSW Dept. of Public Works and Services
Sydney, Australia

This e-mail message (and attachments) is confidential, and / or
privileged and is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail you must not copy, distribute,
take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any
confidentiality or privilege is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken
delivery to you. DPWS is not responsible for any information not related
to the business of DPWS. If you have received this e-mail in error
please destroy the original and notify the sender

For information on services offered by DPWS, please visit our website at www.dpws.nsw.gov.au