Re: [squid-users] Local servers ...

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:14:44 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I meant to add this to my previous reply but hit"send" a little early.

With the forwarding set up I described, depending on how busy things get,
the DNS can become a bottleneck. If that happens you can (for bind8 and
bind9) run two named's on the server.

o Bind one to localhost and make it asecondary for your internal dns. No
  one outsdie can see it.

o Bind the other named to the other addresses (those on the NICs)

o point your resolver to localhost

o configure the internal secondary (bound to localhost) to forward to the
  external DNS. One a two-NIC system I'd use the internal NIC.

Colin