[squid-users] RE: accelerator goes internal

From: Peņa, Botp <botp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:11:44 +0800

Hi ALL:

I am resending this since I accidentally included Colin's message on my
previous mail. My message is not part of the thread of Colin's... I am
sorry.

Message follows:
I am trying to accelerate an iis server. The iis is connected
internally only but the squid accelerator of course has
connected to both internal and external.

When I browse our site (using squid ip), the first page comes
up just fine. However, when I login or click on other links.
I am being passed to the internal ip of the iis. I cannot
access the link since the real ip of the iis is being passed
now to me. I thought that squid should get the page fr iis,
then i or my browser gets page fr squid.

To illustrate:

squid address: 202.57.100.225 external; 10.1.200.1 internal.
iis address: 10.1.200.8 only

a) I browse 202.57.100.225. First page comes up fine and
browser address shows external address 202.57.100.225
b) I login (the iis has a login page), the page and browser
address now shows the internal address 10.1.200.8... which is
not what i expected...

Hints pls...

Thanks
-botp

the ff three settings are the only ones i added on squid.conf:

http_port 80
httpd_accel_host 10.1.200.8
httpd_accel_port 80