[squid-users] Forwarding loop error bug?

From: favian ee <eefavian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 06:34:52 +0000 (GMT)

Dear All,

I'm trying to run a transparent proxy with Squid
2.4STABLE but can't get it to run. It is configured
both as a proxy and an accelerator. There's always
this ERROR Access Denied page that comes up when I try
to access pages through the proxy. There seems to be
a forwarding loop error in my cache.log. I found the
following in an earlier mail in the archives:

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Jon Christopher Co wrote:

> I am having exactly the same problems . If you try
to access squid as http
> accelerator, it works fine, If you set it as a
proxy, it works fine, BUT, if
> you set it as proxy, and try to access the page it
is accellerating, it
> gives that error. and I see a "forwarding loop"
error in my cache.log

Yes, there is a bug of sorts. No solution yet because
I don't know
what will be the best approach.

Duane W.

This was posted in 1999 and he was using 2.2STABLE.
Is there a similar bug in 2.4? If there is, is there
a version without the bug that I may use?

Thanks,
Favian