Re: [squid-users] Proteected settings in Windows

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:48:41 +0000

13-Mar-02 at 16:32, Mark Lucas (mark@mlucas.net) wrote :
> Sorry for a slightly off topic questions but does anyone know a way of
> password protecting internet connection settings in Win98 and Win2K? I would
> like to be able to stop my users from changing them to bypass squid.

Use IEAK to create a browser with fixed settings which you then distribute. I
think they even allow you to create a single disk "branding" version which
will lock down these settings.

There may be third party software to lock this down too.

Failing that, a common solution is to block port 80 for all machines except
Squid.

--
John Lennon:--v [Simon White. vim/mutt/Linux. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS: 38.51%]
Sometimes we sit and read other people's interpretations of our lyrics