Re: [squid-users] squid / swap usage.

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:14:55 +0000

14-Mar-02 at 20:52, orko (orko@bigpond.net.au) wrote :
> Thanks, that clears thing up a a lot. With the cache_dir directive -
> when squid notices that this value has been reduced, obviously it
> shrieks, but does it then start removing objects itself to meet the new
> cache_dir value? (if not, what's the quickest/most painless method of
> bringing the spool size down to the new cache_dir value? (rm seems a
> little aggressive, but is it the best solution or is leaving squid alone
> the way to go?)

I would say the best thing is to rebuild the cache_dir cleanly, rm -rf
(cache_dir) and then squid -z

You lose your cached files, but anything else could cause problems anyway.

--
John Lennon:--v [Simon White. vim/mutt/Linux. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS: 39.66%]
Sometimes we sit and read other people's interpretations of our lyrics