RE: [squid-users] fyi

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:32:33 +0100

> > Cachemgr.cgi does not provide a solution for i.e. our
> security team to block
> > a domain or block all files with extention .mp3. They want
> to use a tool
> > where they can just type in a domain and this will be added to the
> > configuration automaticly.
>
> Webmin.
Is it possible to use Webmin to add syntax to a squid.conf file? I thought
this was only for stopping and starting squid services.

> Or, write your own script with a list of the URLs or REGEXs
> you want to block,
> make a simple PERL web interface to add to the file, and
> source the file in
> your squid.conf with an include for the http_access lines.
> Something like
> that.

I already use a blocking list (txt file) within squid which could be used. I
am not really a developer or perl guru, but I will try to find some time
(problem of many I expect) and try it myself.

Thanks,
./koen