[squid-users] Very complex load balancing ?

From: Michael Smirnov <smbsmb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:54:11 +0300

Please help me to implement this.

I have a server (FreeBSD 4.2-R, squid-2.5.PRE4 ) with 20 IP-aliases on an
interface.
My squid should fetch URLs only from parent cache_peer.
How can I tune squid to balance over these IP-addresses,
allowing maximum 30 connections from each of 20 IPs?

tcp_outgoing_address with ACLs like maxconn cannot guarantee
that number of connection from each IP will be <=30,
because maxconn counts number of connections from _clients_ of Squid.

I'll try to run 1 "main" Squid and 20 his parents on this server.
Main squid should use 20 parent in round robin-style with max-conn=30
Now I successfully ran 2 Squid's with different squid.conf's,
max-conn works normally.

How can I simplify use of 21 configs? Brrrrr......
Can squid use "includes" in config file?

P.S. I noticed using cachemgr that when max-conn=30,
   number of connections is sometimes 31 ! Why?
   Maybe I should use max-conn=29 ?