[squid-users] dns.

From: orko <orko@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:25:34 +1100

Hey,

Just curious what peoples opinions are on whether to put local named's
on each cache, or put aside a separate box to do dns caching for all the
caches? (assuming we're talking about 3 or 4 busy caches). The reason I
ask is we're currently doing the latter, and I'm noticing a lot of
idnsCheckQueue: ID blah: giving up after 21 tries and 303.3 seconds
appearing. The resolv.conf's all point to the dns cache first, with some
other boxes as backups, so squid has about 4 nameservers it loads at
startup (none are the box itself though).