Re: [squid-users] Disk full on cache-disk

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:04:17 +1030 (CST)

According to "Anders Strandberg (EPL)": >

>From my point of view with
>the current config and limits the cache disks should never become full
>due to squid operations. But somehow they did and perhaps someone has
>an idea of why and how to avoid it ?

This actually is in the FAQ (which I did not know until I was pointed
there). You need to change the optimisation on your cache file system
from time to space so that the fragmentation of the file system is
handled better. I had a similar problem with my squid caches until I
did this.

> I should mention that I will
>upgrade to 2.4.Stable4 asap.

which will make no difference to the problem you are having but is
good for other things ;-)