[squid-users] Problem with Parent Caches and POST method

From: <Jens.Mattfeld@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:17:47 +0100

Hello,

I have a problem with the POST method and parent caches. I have defined two
parent caches. One handles the external Internet Websites and one handles a
part of our internal Intranet Websites. Some of them can not be contacted
directly but through another proxy. That works fine except for HTML forms
that use POST. Then the parent that handles the Intranet is used instead of
the other one.

My configureation looks like this:

cache_peer_domain ulysse.nto.atmel.com .atmel.com buoux www-atml www-sjo
www-csont www-chp www-es2 www-cso www-csoeng www-sjoeng 3.2.30.11 www-no
ww2-csont ex430 london www.ito.atmel.com !www.eu.atmel.com
cache_peer_domain haegar.atmel-wm.de www.atmel.com www.eu.atmel.com
hno.atmel.com !.atmel.com

I am connecting to www-es2 which should be handled by ulysse. That works
fine for normal HTML and the method GET. For forms with POST the haegar is
used.

Can anyone give me some advice how to handle that?

Thanks, Jens