Re: [squid-users] access log realtime

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:18:16 -0600

You can use the cachemgr active_requests page. But it probably won't
give you exactly what you're asking for. It will tell you what requests
are active /right now/, which is a pretty small percentage of what you
or I as slow humans might think of as 'browing the web right now'.

You could certainly make a small perl script to store the last 25
requests, or similar, in a rotating buffer and present them to you in a
html web page. I don't know of any existing tools to do exactly this.
I use calamaris to parse a certain number of lines, when I want a
snapshot view. You can use tail, in combination with calamaris to
generate a quick 'snapshot' view of the running cache and its users,
something like this:

tail -1000 access.log | calamaris -a -w -R 100 -u

(Please check the command line options, as this is from memory...my test
machine is in a state of disassembly at the moment for upgrades so I
don't have my calamaris scripts handy to look at.)