RE: [squid-users] comparing squid with IIS 4.0

From: khiz code <khizcode@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 05:29:01 -0800 (PST)

yeah
no dout abt that
but i was wondering that squid is very extensively used for front ending
webservers when used in a reverse proxy environment
so my understanding was that the client serving capability of squid would be
more than that of a normal webserver ..and definitely more than IIS :-)

i was actually planning to switch between my IIS and squid using cisco CSS
11151 for dynamic (.asp) and static content respectively
but if the web serving (request handling) capability of IIS is inherently more
than that of squid ..or in plain words IIS is more powerful than squid then it
would not make much sense to pass all the static requests to squid .. squid
would simply get overwhelmed isnt it ( i m not planning to have a cache
cluster)
waiting for comments
Khiz