RE: [squid-users] Re: regarding squid 2..4 stable 4. ( is it http 1.0or 1.1 complaint ) ?

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:20:12 +1100

Thanks Joe.

For the record, I actually picked some existing work, and refreshed it -
adding in zlib and compress support (without the previous requirement of
a proprietary library)- and made it mode generic and modular...

chunking itself works great... but the loss of information during the
cache->client transfer meant that on compressed tranferred range
requests, the chunk overhead could get counted against the data, and
other nasty things.

Rob