Re: [squid-users] Transparent ssl and ftp

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:10:19 +0000

20-Mar-02 at 15:22, karl rossing (unixb0y@yahoo.com) wrote :
> So i got transparent http to work using:
> httpd_accel_host virtual
> httpd_accel_port 80
> httpd_accel_with_proxy on
> httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
>

> I'm wondering it's possible to get transparent ftp and
> ssl working also?

There's no point transparently caching SSL, since it is not cached by squid
but just forwarded.

But in any case in terms of ipchains you can redirect the different ports to
Squid and it _should_ work : SSL on 443 and FTP on 21, of course.

--
John Lennon:--v [Simon White. vim/mutt/Linux. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS: 48.02%]
Sometimes we sit and read other people's interpretations of our lyrics