[squid-users] Return IP Address

From: Chandrakant Sharma <crsharma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 22:48:45 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,

Let me explain the problem in proper way.

The Squid is configured with two NICs (we will call it
as WAN and LAN NIC). The WAN NIC IP Address is
192.168.0.1/30, the LAN IP Address is 192.168.1.1/30.
The same box is acting as a DHCP Server providing IP
addresses from scope 192.168.2.0 -to- 192.168.2.254.

Say a customer is connected to my Network and gets
192.168.2.1 from DHCP pool. My query is when the squid
service is enabled, the outgoing request goes with WAN
IP i.e 192.168.0.1, which i do not want. I want the
outgoing IP Address should be client IP Address i.e.
192.168.2.1. This I can achieve when I stop the Squid
Service, then the outgoing request is with actual IP
Address i.e. 192.168.2.1.

NOTE: The IP addresses explianed above are just for
explanatory purpose, actually we are using LIVE IP
address for both the NICs, hence no question of
NATing, i guess.

Regards
CRSharma