RE: [squid-users] SUGGESTIONS! Attention Modulators!

From: Yuri O. Oira <oiray@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 18:33:12 +0800

Dear modulators/members,

I know this is a free space for Squid users but in this way, we could
readily identify the basic things that we should know before helping an
emailer.

1. that everyone could include their Linux Flavour, Version
2. that everyone could include their Squid's version and Stable number
3. ? {add your suggestions here}

Anything else? You may suggest and we need only the modulators to announce
the the proposed format.

We may follow a pattern like this: [] = Optional

[I have] Squid 2.4STABLE4 on [OS Linux] RedHat 7.1 --- or ---
Squid 2.4STABLE4 on RedHat 7.1 --- or ---
RedHat 7.1 with Squid 2.4STABLE4

Dear sirs,
I have squid-2.4.STABLE4 and OS Linux RedHat 7.1.. I used a manual
"quickstart " for installation and adjustments of the squid.
Except for that has removed comments from lines describing parameters
"cache_dns_program" and "dns_children". After start of the squid
there are such messages:
parseConfFile: line 610 unrecognized:'cache_dns_program
/usr/lib/squid/dns_srver'
parseConfFile: line 620 unrecognized:'dns_children 5'
though the mentioned parameters("cache_dns_program" and "dns_children")
are present on a required way.
What can be the reason of these messages? Thank for the help.

Best regards,
Boris mailto:bobrush@mail.ru

---------
Thanks Boris for the sample.