Re: [squid-users] cygwin/squid DNS question

From: nick <trykde@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:35:43 -0500

Alberto Brealey G. wrote:

> I'm guessing here, since I have not used cygwin, but doen't it have like a
> /etc/resolv.conf where you can set up the DNS server information?
> then squid should be able to use the system (cygwin) resolver.

Thanks for your reply. But I still think /etc/resolv.conf as "manual
config". Or let me rephrase my question this way: why can't cygwin/squid
pick up the DNS setting where IE gets it? I don't know where it is,
could be in registry or something. In my case, the DNS is received as
part of dhcp setting (the same way dhcpcd did I guess?).