Re: [squid-users] help me.

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 14:48:09 -0600

There is lots of documentation linked off of the www.squid-cache.org
site. There is the Visolve config guide linked right off the homepage,
I've got several Squid docs on the Swell documentation page (including
extensive Squid configuration information in the Webmin book), the FAQ
is a great place to go as well.

You can install Squid on any Unix that has an appropriate build
environment. There is no magical line of distinction that separates a
'workstation' from a 'server'--the names indicate what they are used for
and how they are configured, rather than an architectural difference
that would prevent some functionality. I know Windows OS variants do
make this distinction with major functionality differences, but it is an
arbitrarily imposed distinction placed on those systems to inflate the
price of the 'server' variant. Linux vendors have little motivation to
attempt such separations.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com