Re: [squid-users] An "Ask Slashdot" article regarding transparent proxy

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 12:28:04 -0600

No. You don't tweak DNS to point everything at the Squid box for
transparency, and Squid would be impacted by this. The workaround for
this specific problem is to allow your local DNS to service requests for
thos alternative TLDs.

This may not solve all issues with Squid (or any proxy) in transparent
proxy modes. I haven't poked at it enough yet to know.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com