Re: [squid-users] Squid behind a novel proxy

From: Tigrooo <Narta@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 22:26:24 +0100

I don't really know how to explain my problem.

Today :
--------

Computer Win98
Novell proxy
                                               ------------------>
                            -------------> Internet
Windows login + Novell Login

People are identify by Novell proxy in function of their novell login.

What I'd like to make :
-----------------------

Computer Win98 Squid with
user
                                                -----------------> manual
authentication ---------------> Novell Proxy --------> Internet
Windows login + Novell Login when first page
ask

Nota :
------

I know how make to have squid user manual authentication.

I can't "delete" Novell proxy :( otherwise there'll be only a squid proxy.

I don't know if a "cache_peer line add login=username:password" work to be
authenticate by Novell proxy.
I think I could create a "super-user" on the novell proxy but I don't know
if just having the "cache_peer" line on squid.conf
is ok for a novell proxy. I think there's no problem to another squid but
novell ??

I hope someone can help me.

Richard