Re: [squid-users] Load

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:20:13 +0000

> Hi people,
>
> What would you guys clasify as a "high load" Squid box? In other words, what
> number of requests per second would you consider to be large?
>
> Thanks

I don't think anyone has replied, and with good reason. You cannot talk about
a "high load" for Squid without giving a hardware configuration. A high load
for a IBM-8086 with 128Kb RAM with a 300 baud modem is not the same as a high
load for a Pentium 4 with 4Gb RAM and internal SCSI disks, etc.

However, above 300req/s you need to really know what you are doing to get
Squid to work well, if I can believe previous posts to the list.

So, please be much more specific. You might find you get very good responses.
Perhaps you might already quote from benchmarks that you have read online,
they are out there. Then compare that to the actual performance issues you are
having.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt/Linux. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS: 54.37%] v-- John Lennon
Sometimes we sit and read other people's interpretations of our lyrics