Re: [squid-users] Squid & SNMP question

From: Simon White <simon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:08:35 +0000

25-Mar-02 at 10:16, jcarminati@pluspetrol.com.ar (jcarminati@pluspetrol.com.ar) wrote :
> Ok, you're right; so if this is a normal behavior, any idea how can I
> disable crond from
> sending me tons of messages like it couldn't query sysUptime, etc to root's
> mailbox ?
> Probably this is an OT question.

In Linux, then you set the first line of your crontab entry to be:

MAILTO=""

thus you will have something like

MAILTO=""
15 5 * * * /my/script/one
*/5 * * * * /my/mrtg/script

Otherwise, you have to redirect all output to /dev/null so that you won't
get emailed.

or, try to cancel the part that causes the errors by not querying
sysUptime in your MRTG config.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. simon@mtds.com. GIMPS:54.96% see www.mersenne.org]
It is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe. It is equally vain