Re: [squid-users] append domain

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:12:50 +0100

Fran Boudraux wrote:

> I use append domain name directive in squid.conf for a single domain.Is it
> possible to specify 3 domain names here?

No. append_domain is a very silly directive and cannot do more than what
the documentation says. Append a domain name to host names not having a
dot in them.

There is two problems with this:

a. Only a single domain

b. There is today valid host names not having any dots in them, such as
http://dk/. If using append_domain then these becomes unreachable.

If you want Squid to perform "smart" DNS searches when seeing "single
host name requests" then contact me private and we can try to arrange
something.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer