Re: [squid-users] Return IP Address

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:09:23 +0100

Chandrakant Sharma wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> We are using Squid version squid-2.2.STABLE5 with
> squid-2.2.STABLE5-hno.20000128.snapshot patch applied.

Please consider upgrading. There is no reason today why not to run
Squid-2.4 in preference over the Squid-2.2 plus my patchset, and there
is quite many known bugs in this old version.

Support is no longer provided for Squid-2.2 or my (very old) patchset.

> The problem is that Squid is taking the WAN side IP
> address when sending/receiving the request. This can
> be seen when we check to url
> http://www.networks-tools.com. This shows WAN side IP
> address as default. But when I stop the Squid service,
> it shows individual DHCP assigned IP address.

Squid must, as it is a proxy. There is a new TCP connection initiated by
Squid to the origin server.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer